Who We Are
We are the pioneers in brushware in Sri Lanka, producing high-quality brushware that serves a range of sectors, in the local and export market, for over 60 years.
Our manufacturing, quality-assurance and global accreditation processes, enable sustainably and responsibly-sourced material usage in the production of our brush range, that serves household, commercial or masonry requirements.
We use natural and synthetic filament brushes, and each product is quality checked and assured to perform at peak levels.
To produce high-quality brushware that is technologically tested to provide high performance, for both indoor and outdoor use. We seek to create value for our clientele, through quality and performance.
- From the first point of design and manufacture, to the final brush that is delivered to customers, quality is guaranteed, every step of the way.
- Ravi Industries was the first brushware company in Sri Lanka to receive the ISO 9001 certification for the design and manufacture of brushes, brooms, wooden and plastic handles for export and local market. The Company has consecutively maintained this accreditation since 2015.
- We are also the first brushware company in Sri Lanka to receive the FSC™ Chain of Custody certification in 2017-2024.
- This recognises our commitment to responsible forestry.
- We are also accredited with SA 8000:2014 for the design and manufacture of brushes, brooms, wooden and plastic handles for export and local market. The leading social certification standard for factories and organisations across the globe is awarded to companies that demonstrate their dedication to the fair treatment of workers across industries.
- SGS COVID-19 Control Program in 2021 – hygiene monitored program
We have received the prestigious Presidential Export Award on several occasions. Our Company was recognised for its outstanding export performance in the brushware industry.
The diverse range of brushes and brooms are made with two main types of material – vegetable fibres (from naturally grown plants) and synthetic fibres. In addition, animal hair is also used for finer brushes such as paint brushes. Some brushes may also be developed using a mixture of these fibres, dependent on the suitability of application or use of the brush or broom.